Jila Rezai
604 . 773 . 3599


  • Documentation Required to obtain a Mortgage: Income

    2015-11-13 10:27:11 Posted By Jila Rezai

    This is the first of a three part series on documentation required to ensure your mortgage financing goes smoothly.  
    This first publication will focus on income documentation.   

    If you are a salaried/hourly employee, we require the following:

    • A current job letter stating your position, your length of employment and your      annual salary or your hourly rate plus the number of hours worked; and
    • A current pay stub.  

    Note: to include overtime, bonus or omission in your total annual income the lender requires us to use a two year average. In addition to the above documents, please provide us with T4s for your past two years. 

    If you are self-employed, the documentation required could vary considerably depending on the lender. If possible, please send us your past two years Notice of Assessment (summary of your personal income tax filing with Canada Revenue). Additional verification of self-employed status may be required including financial statements. 

    Next time we will discuss the type of documentation required for the collateral of the mortgage - that is your new or existing home. 

    In the meantime, please feel free to contact me or your mortgage broker if you have any questions regarding documentation requirements.  We are here to help! 

    I look forward to hearing from you.  Jila can be reached at 604-773-3599


    Source:  Gibbard Group Financial